Pieces of the Quilt
While 60% of ex-inmates in Illinois are re-incarcerated in the first year after their release, 93% of Leslie’s Place residents never return to prison. Their success is due in part to the programs, services and support that Leslie's Place provides.
* Group/individual recovery coaching
* Job placement, job referrals and interviewing techniques
* Computer training
* Parenting workshops
* Life-skills workshops
* Spiritual support/self-esteem seminars
* Refer out for assistance with state IDs and birth certificates
* Transportation cards
* Help obtaining clothing
* Help resolving child custody issues
* Assistance in finding permanent housing
* Medical services on premises
Leslie’s Place residents must work or attend school, save 70% of their income and follow the house rules. The women work hard to become responsible, independent and contributing members of society. They earn their second chance.